I did the “I’m the Queen of Everything” dance when I tasted this. Fair warning: The crust uses all the butter in your fridge. Plus some. Don’t eat all of it (like we did) unless you want a stomach ache (like we had). But that won’t be easy.
For veggies, the mushrooms kicked butt on the usual carrots and peas.
- 3 chicken breasts sliced in half
- Olive oil
- 1 Tblspn rosemary
- 1/2 a lemon, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- Slice 3 chicken breasts in half
- Coat them with olive oil
- Sprinkle with Rosemary
- Wrap chicken, lemon slices and garlic in tinfoil
- Back at 350 for about 25 minutes, until cooked through
- 5 Tblspns unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 bouillon cube (check for gluten)
- 2 tspns salt (depending on the saltiness of your stock)
- Melt the butter over medium heat
- Add onions and saute until soft, about 5 minutes
- Stir in garlic
- Lower heat to low
- Sprinkle on the flour, stirring to blend, for 3 minutes
- Raise heat to medium
- Slowly wisk in the stock until smooth
- Add the boullion
- Raise heat and continue to stir until bubbly
- Lower heat back to medium and simmer (stirring!) until thickened, about 5 minutes
- Add the salt a bit at a time, testing for flavor.
- 3 Tblspns butter
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, chopped
- 8 ounces shitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tspns thyme
- Melt 2 Tblspns butter over medium heat
- Add shallot and garlic, cook until soft, about 5 minutes
- Add button mushrooms and thyme, saute until softened (about 8 minutes)
- Add the remaining 1Tblspn butter and shitake mushroom
- Saute for about 5 mins more, until flavorful
All together now!
We used 3 Anchor Hocking 20-Ounce Casserole to create three meals. Use a bigger or smaller pans, adjust the cooking time by 10 – 20 mins depending.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cut or tear the chicken into bite size pieces and put in bottom of baking dish(es)
- Sprinkle mushrooms on top
- Pour the filling over both
- Roll out the pie crust dough. Cut and lay strips, criss crossed, over the filling. (Or just put the crust on the top and poke some holes in it.)
- Bake for about 35 minutes (depending on size of dishes).
- Let cool, it’s hot!